Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh, India)en_US
dc.coverage.temporalcreation date: 1929, alteration date: annexed by Gandhi Medical College to become part of campus, 1986en_US
dc.creatorJung, Zain Yaren_US
dc.date1929en_US
dc.date.accessioned2007-10-03T21:05:06Z
dc.date.available2007-10-03T21:05:06Z
dc.date.issued1929en_US
dc.identifier111299en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/21495en_US
dc.descriptionLocated in Bashir Bagh area, it is named after Lady Amina Hydari,(d. 1940) wife of Sir Akbar Hydari, President of the Nizam’s Executive Council, 1938-42. The Hyderabad Ladies’ Association Club was formed in 1901 to enable Hyderabadi and British elite women—ladies—to socialize. The entrance to the Club built in 1929 was through a semi-circular wall with a door enabling pardah-nashin, veiled women to exit their cars and enter inside without seen by men. A huge arched entrance led to the foyer, flanked by halls and room. Zain Yar Jang (d. 1961) designed the Club building.en_US
dc.descriptionexterior, exterior view of entrance from west, 2006en_US
dc.format.mediummasonryen_US
dc.relation.ispartof130642en_US
dc.rights(c) Abbas Tyabjien_US
dc.subjectWomenen_US
dc.subjectClubhousesen_US
dc.subjectClubs (associations)en_US
dc.subjectAdaptive reuseen_US
dc.subjectIslamic cities and townsen_US
dc.subjectArchitecture, Islamic --Indiaen_US
dc.subjectElite (Social sciences)en_US
dc.subjectIndia --Social life and customsen_US
dc.subjectHyderabad (India)en_US
dc.titleLady Hydari Cluben_US
dc.typeImageen_US
dc.rights.accessAll rights reserveden_US
vra.culturalContextIndian (South Asian)en_US
vra.culturalContextIslamicen_US
vra.techniqueconstructionen_US
vra.worktypeClubhouseen_US
dc.contributor.displayarchitect: Zain Yar Jung (Indian (South Asian), 1889-1961)en_US


Files in this item

1.257Mb
JPEG image
3.371Mb
JPEG image
37.41Kb
JPEG image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record