Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: near Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh, India)en_US
dc.coverage.temporalcreation date: 1810en_US
dc.creatorUnknownen_US
dc.date1810en_US
dc.date.accessioned2007-08-21T18:45:03Z
dc.date.available2007-08-21T18:45:03Z
dc.date.issued1810en_US
dc.identifier111127en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/20016en_US
dc.descriptionBuilt by Jham Singh, Rajput cavalier of the Nizam Sikandar Jah (1803-29), this temple to Balaji is located in Karwan, on the Golconda road and built in 1810. The temple is enclosed by a high wall and a Gopuram facing east adorns the main gate. Beyond the main gate is Naqqar khana or Naubat Khana, a room for drum beating. The sanctum sanctorum contains the idols of Rama, Sita, Lakshmana, beyond the mandapa of 12 pillars. Near the mandapa is the Garuda stambha, or pillar with carvings of Lakshmana and Garuda on it. By the south wall, there is a well with a Persian inscription.en_US
dc.descriptionexterior, view of the Gopuram entrance showing the sculpted deities on top of the gate, 2005en_US
dc.format.mediummasonryen_US
dc.format.mediumstoneen_US
dc.relation.ispartof130545en_US
dc.rights(c) Abbas Tyabjien_US
dc.subjectHinduismen_US
dc.subjectHorsesen_US
dc.subjectMosquesen_US
dc.subjectTemplesen_US
dc.subjectIslamic cities and townsen_US
dc.subjectArchitecture, Islamic --Indiaen_US
dc.subjectHyderabad (India)en_US
dc.subjectGodsen_US
dc.subjectDoorsen_US
dc.subjectEntrancesen_US
dc.subjectGopurasen_US
dc.titleJham Singh Templeen_US
dc.typeImageen_US
dc.rights.accessAll rights reserveden_US
vra.culturalContextIndian (South Asian)en_US
vra.culturalContextIslamicen_US
vra.culturalContextHinduen_US
vra.techniqueconstructionen_US
vra.worktypeTempleen_US
dc.contributor.displayIndian (South Asian), Islamic, Hinduen_US


Files in this item

1.225Mb
JPEG image
3.367Mb
JPEG image
41.73Kb
JPEG image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record