Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: Paris, Île-de-France, Franceen_US
dc.coverage.temporal1611 (creation)en_US
dc.creatorMétezeau, Louisen_US
dc.date1611en_US
dc.date.accessioned2013-01-25T21:26:02Z
dc.date.available2013-01-25T21:26:02Z
dc.date.issued1611en_US
dc.identifier186404en_US
dc.identifier.otherarchrefid: 1650en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/95598
dc.descriptionTown house originally built for Pierre d'Alméras, a courtier and secretary of Henry IV. The building was altered in the 19th century and restored in 1980. In September 1594, Métezeau was named Architecte des Bâtiments du Roi under Henry IV, who died in 1610.; Town house originally built for Pierre d'Alméras, a courtier and secretary of Henry IV. The building was altered in the 19th century and restored in 1980. In September 1594, Métezeau was named Architecte des Bâtiments du Roi under Henry IV, who died in 1610. Source: Grove Art Online; http://www.oxfordartonline.com/ (accessed 12/16/2008)en_US
dc.format.mediumstone; bricken_US
dc.rights© Scott Gilchrist, Archivision, Inc.en_US
dc.subjectarchitectural exteriorsen_US
dc.subjectSeventeenth centuryen_US
dc.subjectMannerist (Renaissance-Baroque style)en_US
dc.titleHôtel d'Almérasen_US
dc.typeimageen_US
dc.rights.accessLicensed for educational and research use by the MIT community onlyen_US
dc.identifier.vendorcode1A2-F-P-HA-A5en_US
vra.culturalContextFrenchen_US
vra.techniqueconstruction (assembling)en_US
vra.worktypehôtel (town house)en_US
dc.contributor.displayLouis Métezeau (French architect, 1559-1615)en_US


Files in this item

497.3Kb
JPEG image
1.790Mb
JPEG image
19.79Kb
JPEG image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record