Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: Poissy, Île-de-France, Franceen_US
dc.coverage.temporal1852-1865 (restoration); ca. 1130-1499 (inclusive)en_US
dc.creatorunknownen_US
dc.date1130-1499en_US
dc.date.accessioned2013-01-25T21:25:54Z
dc.date.available2013-01-25T21:25:54Z
dc.date.issued1130-1499en_US
dc.identifier186399en_US
dc.identifier.otherarchrefid: 1648en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/95593
dc.descriptionA 12th century collegiate church (one endowed for a chapter of canons) which shows the transition from Romanesque to Gothic. The four capitals of the choir were sculpted in 1150. The church was the parish church and the place where Saint Louis was baptized (25 April 1214). Restored by Viollet-le-Duc in the 19th century (1852-1865).; A 12th century collegiate church (one endowed for a chapter of canons) which shows the transition from Romanesque to Gothic. The four capitals of the choir were sculpted in 1150. The church was the parish church and the place where Saint Louis was baptized (25 April 1214). Restored by Viollet-le-Duc in the 19th century (1852-1865). Source: Ville de Poissy [website]; http://www.ville-poissy.fr/ (accessed 12/15/2008)en_US
dc.format.mediumstoneen_US
dc.rights© Scott Gilchrist, Archivision, Inc.en_US
dc.subjectarchitectural exteriorsen_US
dc.subjectLouis IX, King of France, 1214-1270en_US
dc.subjectGothic (Medieval)en_US
dc.subjectRomanesqueen_US
dc.titleCollégiale Notre-Dameen_US
dc.title.alternativeCollegiate Church of Notre-Dame, Poissyen_US
dc.typeimageen_US
dc.rights.accessLicensed for educational and research use by the MIT community onlyen_US
dc.identifier.vendorcode1A2-F-P-CND-A2en_US
vra.culturalContextFrenchen_US
vra.techniqueconstruction (assembling) carving (processes)en_US
vra.worktypecollegiate churchen_US
dc.contributor.displayunknown (French)en_US


Files in this item

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record