Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: Moscow, Rossiya, Russiaen_US
dc.coverage.temporal1931 (destruction); 1994-1996 (restoration)en_US
dc.creatorunknownen_US
dc.date.accessioned2013-01-25T19:01:18Z
dc.date.available2013-01-25T19:01:18Z
dc.date.issued2013-01-25
dc.identifier187626en_US
dc.identifier.otherarchrefid: 1734en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/94650
dc.descriptionView looking up, showing the north elevation with Iberian Chapel; Resurrection Gate is the only existing gate of the Kitai-gorod in Moscow. It connects the north-western end of Red Square with Manege Square and gives its name to nearby Voskresenskaya Square (Resurrection Square). The gate adjoins the ornate building of the Moscow City Hall to the east and the State Historical Museum to the west. Within the gatehouse is a small chapel which houses an icon from Mount Athos, the "Iberian Virgin". The original building of 1680 was destroyed in 1931 and completely rebuilt in 1994-1996. Source: Wikipedia; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page (accessed 6/22/2009)en_US
dc.format.mediumbrick; stone; stuccoen_US
dc.rights© Scott Gilchrist, Archivision, Inc.en_US
dc.subjectarchitectural exteriorsen_US
dc.subjectSeventeenth centuryen_US
dc.titleResurrection Gateen_US
dc.title.alternativeVoskresenskie vorotaen_US
dc.title.alternativeIberian Gateen_US
dc.typeimageen_US
dc.rights.accessLicensed for educational and research use by the MIT community onlyen_US
dc.identifier.vendorcode1A2-R-M-RG-A9en_US
vra.culturalContextRussianen_US
vra.techniqueconstruction (assembling)en_US
vra.worktypereplicaen_US
vra.worktypegatehouseen_US
dc.contributor.displayunknown (Russian)en_US


Files in this item

582.5Kb
JPEG image
2.042Mb
JPEG image
23.28Kb
JPEG image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record