Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: Samarkand (Uzbekistan)en_US
dc.coverage.temporalcreation date: 1646-1660en_US
dc.creatorUnknownen_US
dc.date1646-1660en_US
dc.date.accessioned2010-04-21T14:50:49Z
dc.date.available2010-04-21T14:50:49Z
dc.date.issued1641-1660en_US
dc.identifier142939en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/51548en_US
dc.descriptionThe Tilla Kari madrasa was commissioned a decade after the adjacent Shir Dar madrasa (1619-1636) by the same patron, Shaybanid feudal general, Alchin Yalantush Bahadur between 1646-60. Once part of the complex built by Timur's wife, Tuman-Aka in the fourteenth century, the site had housed the Mirzoi caravan sarai. Built originally as a theological seminary, this madrasa with its large prayer hall soon became Samarkand's congregational mosque with the collapse of the Bibi Khanum Mosque (b. 1399) and the dismantling of Alikeh Kukeltash Mosque (1439-40). Source: Archneten_US
dc.descriptionexterior, view of courtyard, 2009en_US
dc.format.mediumbricken_US
dc.relation.ispartof121557en_US
dc.rights(c) Igor Demchenko 2009en_US
dc.subjectMosquesen_US
dc.subjectMadrasahsen_US
dc.subjectIslamic religious educationen_US
dc.subjectArchitecture, Islamic--Asia, Centralen_US
dc.subjectArchitecture, Islamic --Uzbekistanen_US
dc.titleTilla Kari Madrasa and Mosqueen_US
dc.title.alternativeTillya Kari Madrasaen_US
dc.title.alternativeTilia Kari Madrasaen_US
dc.title.alternativeTilla Kar Madrasaen_US
dc.typeImageen_US
dc.rights.accessAll rights reserveden_US
dc.identifier.vendorcodeSamarqand_02.08.09\01/P1010058.JPGen_US
vra.culturalContextIslamicen_US
vra.culturalContextUzbeken_US
vra.techniqueconstructionen_US
vra.worktypeMosqueen_US
vra.worktypeMadrasaen_US
dc.contributor.displayIslamic, Uzbeken_US


Files in this item

898.0Kb
JPEG image
853.5Kb
JPEG image
20.02Kb
JPEG image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record