Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: Baghdad (Iraq)en_US
dc.creatorUnknownen_US
dc.date.accessioned2007-11-28T15:44:57Z
dc.date.available2007-11-28T15:44:57Z
dc.identifier102905en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/23312en_US
dc.descriptionKhan al-Mirjan is situated in Baghdad's eastern neighborhood, Al Rusafah, at the end of Suq al Thulatha' known today as the drapers' suq or Suq al-Bazzazin. It was built in 1358 by the Wali Amin al-Din Mirjan and belongs to the waqf of the madrasa Mirjaniyyah built by the same wali as explained in the inscription above the entrance. The materials used were brick and wood. Source: Archneten_US
dc.descriptionaxonometric projection, axonometric projectionen_US
dc.format.mediumbricken_US
dc.format.mediumwood (plant material)en_US
dc.relation.ispartof125087en_US
dc.subjectMarketsen_US
dc.subjectWarehousesen_US
dc.subjectLodging-housesen_US
dc.subjectCaravanseraisen_US
dc.subjectCaravansen_US
dc.subjectCommerceen_US
dc.subjectStoreroomsen_US
dc.subjectKhansen_US
dc.subjectTravelersen_US
dc.subjectTrade routesen_US
dc.subjectArchitecture, Islamic --Iraqen_US
dc.subjectCharitable uses, trusts, and foundations (Islamic law)en_US
dc.subjectWaqfen_US
dc.titleKhan al-Mirjanen_US
dc.title.alternativeKhan Mirjanen_US
dc.title.alternativeKhan al-Yatimen_US
dc.title.alternativeKhan Ortmahen_US
dc.title.alternativeKhan Urtmaen_US
dc.typeImageen_US
dc.rights.accessAll rights reserveden_US
vra.culturalContextIraqien_US
vra.techniqueconstructionen_US
vra.worktypeKhanen_US
vra.worktypeWakalaen_US
dc.contributor.displayIraqien_US


Files in this item

122.7Kb
JPEG image
491.5Kb
JPEG image
34.62Kb
JPEG image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record