Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: near Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh, India)en_US
dc.coverage.temporalcreation date: 1810en_US
dc.creatorUnknownen_US
dc.date1810en_US
dc.date.accessioned2007-10-09T20:46:51Z
dc.date.available2007-10-09T20:46:51Z
dc.date.issued1810en_US
dc.identifier111456en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/21710en_US
dc.descriptionBuilt by Jham Singh, Rajput cavalier of the Nizam Sikandar Jah (1803-29), this temple to Balaji is located in Karwan, on the Golconda road and built in 1810. The temple is enclosed by a high wall and a Gopuram facing east adorns the main gate. Beyond the main gate is Naqqar khana or Naubat Khana, a room for drum beating. The sanctum sanctorum contains the idols of Rama, Sita, Lakshmana, beyond the mandapa of 12 pillars. Near the mandapa is the Garuda stambha, or pillar with carvings of Lakshmana and Garuda on it. By the south wall, there is a well with a Persian inscription.en_US
dc.descriptionexterior, view of the sculpted deities atop the gopuram, 1996en_US
dc.format.mediummasonryen_US
dc.format.mediumstoneen_US
dc.relation.ispartof130545en_US
dc.rights(c) Thomas Lüettgeen_US
dc.subjectHinduismen_US
dc.subjectHorsesen_US
dc.subjectMosquesen_US
dc.subjectTemplesen_US
dc.subjectIslamic cities and townsen_US
dc.subjectArchitecture, Islamic --Indiaen_US
dc.subjectHyderabad (India)en_US
dc.subjectDecoration and ornament, Architecturalen_US
dc.subjectDecoration and ornament, Islamicen_US
dc.subjectSculptureen_US
dc.subjectGopurasen_US
dc.titleJham Singh Templeen_US
dc.typeImageen_US
dc.rights.accessAll rights reserveden_US
vra.culturalContextIndian (South Asian)en_US
vra.culturalContextIslamicen_US
vra.culturalContextHinduen_US
vra.techniqueconstructionen_US
vra.worktypeTempleen_US
dc.contributor.displayIndian (South Asian), Islamic, Hinduen_US


Files in this item

1.001Mb
JPEG image
3.243Mb
JPEG image
40.20Kb
JPEG image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record