Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: Santa Fe, New Mexico, United Statesen_US
dc.coverage.temporalmuseum opened 1972 (alteration); ranch founded 1710 (creation)en_US
dc.creatorEl Rancho de las Golondrinas, Inc.en_US
dc.date1710en_US
dc.date.accessioned2016-07-18T17:40:48Z
dc.date.available2016-07-18T17:40:48Z
dc.date.issued1710en_US
dc.identifier266512en_US
dc.identifier.otherarchrefid: 3265en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/182678
dc.descriptionPart of the historic acequia system (irrigation ditch complex); elevated channels; Former ranch in the northern part of New Mexico that has been recreated as a living history museum. Going north it was the last camping place (paraje, cf. caravanserai) on the Camino Real (from Mexico City) before reaching Santa Fe, New Mexico (a day's journey away). The ranch was founded by Miguel Vega y Coca in 1710. In addition to original buildings, historic buildings from other parts of northern New Mexico have been reconstructed. The site recreates 18th-century Spanish colonial ranch life. Guides are dressed in period clothing and demonstrate how people lived grinding their own flour, making their own tools, shoeing horses. Its acequia system (irrigation ditch complex) is on the Register of Historic Places for New Mexico. Source: Wikipedia; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page (accessed 9/5/2015)en_US
dc.format.mediumadobe; wooden_US
dc.rights© Scott Gilchrist, Archivision, Inc.en_US
dc.subjectagricultureen_US
dc.subjectarchitectureen_US
dc.subjectRestoration and conservationen_US
dc.subjectSpain--Colonies--Americaen_US
dc.subjectEighteenth centuryen_US
dc.subjectSpanish Colonialen_US
dc.titleEl Rancho de Las Golondrinasen_US
dc.title.alternativeRanch of the Swallowsen_US
dc.typeimageen_US
dc.rights.accessLicensed for educational and research use by the MIT community onlyen_US
dc.identifier.vendorcode1A2-US-SFE-RLG-A20en_US
vra.culturalContextMexican Spanishen_US
vra.techniqueconstruction (assembling)en_US
vra.worktypehistoric siteen_US
vra.worktypeliving history museumen_US
dc.contributor.displayEl Rancho de las Golondrinas, Inc. (American non-profit organization, established ca. 1970)en_US


Files in this item

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record