Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: Paris, Île-de-France, Franceen_US
dc.coverage.temporalca. 1646 (creation)en_US
dc.creatorMansart, Françoisen_US
dc.date1646en_US
dc.date.accessioned2014-12-22T15:57:28Z
dc.date.available2014-12-22T15:57:28Z
dc.date.issued1646en_US
dc.identifier253779en_US
dc.identifier.otherarchrefid: 2989en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/169418
dc.descriptionSouth fountain (1995) and street light, with Eglise du Val-de-Grâce in the background; This site consists of the space created in front of the church of Val-de-Grâce by Rue Val-de-Grâce and the Rue Saint-Jacques. It exists because Mansart planned a set back from the street for the church; the size of which was precisely calculated so that from the forecourt the dome would disappear completely behind the frontispiece. It takes its name (in 1930) from the military doctor and bacteriologist Charles Louis Alphonse Laveran (1845-1922). Laveran won the Nobel Prize in 1907. The two modern fountains were installed in 1995. Source: Grove Art Online; http://www.oxfordartonline.com/ (accessed 7/31/2014)en_US
dc.format.mediumpaving; lightingen_US
dc.rights© Scott Gilchrist, Archivision, Inc.en_US
dc.subjectarchitectureen_US
dc.subjectcityscapeen_US
dc.subjectCity planningen_US
dc.subjectSeventeenth centuryen_US
dc.titlePlace Alphonse-Laveranen_US
dc.typeimageen_US
dc.rights.accessLicensed for educational and research use by the MIT community onlyen_US
dc.identifier.vendorcode1A2-F-P-PAL-A01en_US
vra.culturalContextFrenchen_US
vra.techniqueconstruction (assembling)en_US
vra.worktypesquare (open space)en_US
vra.worktypefountainen_US
dc.contributor.displayFrançois Mansart (French architect, ca. 1598-1666)en_US


Files in this item

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record