Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: Firminy, Rhône-Alpes, Franceen_US
dc.coverage.temporal1956-1965 (creation)en_US
dc.creatorLe Corbusieren_US
dc.date1956-1965en_US
dc.date.accessioned2013-07-29T17:39:00Z
dc.date.available2013-07-29T17:39:00Z
dc.date.issued1956-1965en_US
dc.identifier227527en_US
dc.identifier.otherarchrefid: 2396en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/135310
dc.descriptionStreet lights (single lights), designed for the site; Le Corbusier was commissioned by Eugène Claudius-Petit, who became mayor of Firminy in 1953, to design a central ‘agora’ including a sports stadium, cultural centre and church, as well as the Unité (housing unit), which he organized as an ensemble around the bowl of an abandoned quarry. The ensemble was called "Firminy Vert' (Green Firminy) to mark a new beginning for what had been "Firminy Noir" (Black Firminy), a coal-mining town. The slope of the old quarry basin dictated the design. It is three levels and contains an auditorium, theater, studio and community meeting room. Source: Wikipedia; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Pageen_US
dc.format.mediumconcrete; steel; glassen_US
dc.rights© Scott Gilchrist, Archivision, Inc.en_US
dc.subjectTwentieth centuryen_US
dc.subjectModernisten_US
dc.titleMaison de la Culture de Firminy-Verten_US
dc.title.alternativeFirminy-Vert Cultural Centeren_US
dc.typeimageen_US
dc.rights.accessLicensed for educational and research use by the MIT community onlyen_US
dc.identifier.vendorcode1A1-LC-FV-CC-B34en_US
vra.culturalContextFrenchen_US
vra.techniqueconstruction (assembling)en_US
vra.worktypeideal cityen_US
vra.worktypecommunity centeren_US
dc.contributor.displayLe Corbusier (Swiss architect, 1887-1965)en_US


Files in this item

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record