Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: Olympia, Peloponnese, Greeceen_US
dc.coverage.temporalca. 550-350 BCE (inclusive)en_US
dc.creatorunknownen_US
dc.date-550--350en_US
dc.date.accessioned2013-05-22T19:40:56Z
dc.date.available2013-05-22T19:40:56Z
dc.date.issued-550--350en_US
dc.identifier220998en_US
dc.identifier.otherarchrefid: 697en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/128922
dc.descriptionRemains of the inner colonnade, south structure; The south end of the sanctuary was closed off in the mid-6th century BCE by the north building of the bouleuterion (14.0 x 30.5 m). This was a rectangular apsidal structure. In the 5th century BCE a second apsidal building was added, parallel to the first, and between these a rectangular room housing the altar of Zeus Horkios, where the athletes made their vows (horkoi) before the Games. The three buildings constituting the bouleuterion were enlarged in the 4th century BCE by an Ionic portico across the east façade. Source: Grove Art Online; http://www.groveart.com/ (accessed 11/13/2007)en_US
dc.format.mediumstone; marbleen_US
dc.rights© Scott Gilchrist, Archivision, Inc.en_US
dc.subjectarchitectural exteriorsen_US
dc.subjectClassicalen_US
dc.titleOlympia: Bouleuterionen_US
dc.title.alternativeBouleuterionen_US
dc.typeimageen_US
dc.rights.accessLicensed for educational and research use by the MIT community onlyen_US
dc.identifier.vendorcode1A3-G-O-8-A4en_US
vra.culturalContextGreek (ancient)en_US
vra.techniqueconstruction (assembling)en_US
vra.worktypebouleuterionen_US
dc.contributor.displayunknown (Greek (ancient))en_US


Files in this item

704.4Kb
JPEG image
2.538Mb
JPEG image
22.59Kb
JPEG image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record