Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: Olympia, Peloponnese, Greeceen_US
dc.coverage.temporalca. 600-500 BCE (creation)en_US
dc.creatorunknownen_US
dc.date-600--500en_US
dc.date.accessioned2013-05-22T19:39:44Z
dc.date.available2013-05-22T19:39:44Z
dc.date.issued-600--500en_US
dc.identifier220948en_US
dc.identifier.otherarchrefid: 693en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/128872
dc.descriptionGeneral view, from the south, showing the west end of the terrace and the few remaining columns of the Treasury of the Sicyonians; The Treasuries at Olympia were a series of small temple-shaped buildings located to the north side of the Altis or sanctuary at the site of Olympia in Greece. All but two were erected by Greek colonies to store valuable votive offerings. The Treasuries were built on a natural terrace at the foot of Mt. Kronos. The best preserved and earliest treasury is that dedicated by the colony of Sicyon. West to east the treasuries were dedicated by: Sicyon, Syracuse, Byzantion, Sybaris, Cyrene, Selinus, Metapontium, Megara and Gela. Source: Wikipedia; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page (accessed 11/12/2007)en_US
dc.format.mediumstone; shell limestone; stuccoen_US
dc.rights© Scott Gilchrist, Archivision, Inc.en_US
dc.subjectarchitectural exteriorsen_US
dc.subjectdeitiesen_US
dc.subjectmythology (Classical)en_US
dc.subjectArchaic (Greek)en_US
dc.titleOlympia: Terrace of the Treasuriesen_US
dc.title.alternativeTerrace of the Treasuriesen_US
dc.typeimageen_US
dc.rights.accessLicensed for educational and research use by the MIT community onlyen_US
dc.identifier.vendorcode1A3-G-O-4-A2en_US
vra.culturalContextGreek (ancient)en_US
vra.techniqueconstruction (assembling)en_US
vra.worktypetreasuryen_US
dc.contributor.displayunknown (Greek (ancient))en_US


Files in this item

700.9Kb
JPEG image
2.508Mb
JPEG image
22.80Kb
JPEG image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record