Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: Olympia, Peloponnese, Greeceen_US
dc.coverage.temporal330 BCE (creation)en_US
dc.creatorLeonidas of Naxosen_US
dc.date-330en_US
dc.date.accessioned2013-05-22T19:16:50Z
dc.date.available2013-05-22T19:16:50Z
dc.date.issued-330en_US
dc.identifier220791en_US
dc.identifier.otherarchrefid: 700en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/128741
dc.descriptionView over the remains, from the southwest; In the west part of the sanctuary, south of the workshop of Phidias, stood the hostel called the Leonidaion, built in 330 BCE and named after its donor and architect Leonidas of Naxos. It is almost square in plan (74.82 x 81.08 m) and was originally intended for distinguished visitors, although it was later used as a residence for Roman officials. Source: Grove Art Online; http://www.groveart.com/ (accessed 11/4/2007)en_US
dc.format.mediumstone; marble; bricken_US
dc.rights© Scott Gilchrist, Archivision, Inc.en_US
dc.subjectarchitectural exteriorsen_US
dc.subjectrecreation and gamesen_US
dc.subjectfestivalsen_US
dc.subjectrulers and leadersen_US
dc.subjectOlympicsen_US
dc.subjectHellenisticen_US
dc.titleOlympia: Leonidaionen_US
dc.title.alternativeLeonidaionen_US
dc.typeimageen_US
dc.rights.accessLicensed for educational and research use by the MIT community onlyen_US
dc.identifier.vendorcode1A3-G-O-11-A2en_US
vra.culturalContextGreek (ancient)en_US
vra.techniqueconstruction (assembling)en_US
vra.worktypeofficial residenceen_US
dc.contributor.displayLeonidas of Naxos (Greek (ancient) architect, active ca. 330 BCE)en_US


Files in this item

616.3Kb
JPEG image
2.360Mb
JPEG image
21.48Kb
JPEG image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record