Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: Chicago, Illinois, United Statesen_US
dc.coverage.temporal1885 (creation); 1898 (alteration)en_US
dc.creatorBeman, Solon Spenceren_US
dc.date1885en_US
dc.date.accessioned2013-04-29T15:17:12Z
dc.date.available2013-04-29T15:17:12Z
dc.date.issued1885en_US
dc.identifier212241en_US
dc.identifier.otherarchrefid: 709en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/119677
dc.descriptionView looking up, depicting the attic and cornice; Built by the Studebaker company for the assembly and display of their carriages and wagons, this building was converted into studios and theaters for artists and craftsmen in 1898. The renovation involved adding three floors and designing an interior that would reflect the interests of the new tenants. The interior public spaces, including murals on the 10th floor, remain virtually untouched from the 1898 remodeling. Source: Chicago Landmarks [website]; http://www.ci.chi.il.us/Landmarks/ (accessed 11/12/2007)en_US
dc.rights© Scott Gilchrist, Archivision, Inc.en_US
dc.subjectarchitectural exteriorsen_US
dc.subjectChicago Schoolen_US
dc.titleFine Arts Buildingen_US
dc.title.alternativeStudebaker Fine Arts Buildingen_US
dc.typeimageen_US
dc.rights.accessLicensed for educational and research use by the MIT community onlyen_US
dc.identifier.vendorcode1A1-BS-FA-A6en_US
vra.culturalContextAmericanen_US
vra.techniqueconstruction (assembling)en_US
vra.worktypeoffice buildingen_US
vra.worktypestudio (work space)en_US
dc.contributor.displaySolon Spencer Beman (American architect, 1853-1914)en_US


Files in this item

621.0Kb
JPEG image
2.002Mb
JPEG image
24.35Kb
JPEG image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record