Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: Rome, Lazio, Italyen_US
dc.coverage.temporal1658-1670 (creation)en_US
dc.creatorBernini, Gian Lorenzoen_US
dc.date1658-1670en_US
dc.date.accessioned2013-04-29T15:12:58Z
dc.date.available2013-04-29T15:12:58Z
dc.date.issued1658-1670en_US
dc.identifier211977en_US
dc.identifier.otherarchrefid: 52en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/119468
dc.descriptionFrontal view of the High Altar, with painting by Guglielmo Cortese, Crucifixion of St. Andrew (1668), depicting the martyrdom of the saint; Sant' Andrea al Quirinale was a project for the Jesuits funded by Prince Camillo Pamphili. It is oval in plan, with the entrance and the altar facing one another on the short axis. Framed by massive pairs of dusty-pink marble columns, with an eccentric inward-curving pediment, the altar aedicule is the focal point of the interior. Source: Grove Art Online; http://www.groveart.com/ (accessed 11/20/2007)en_US
dc.format.mediummarble; brick; stoneen_US
dc.rights© Scott Gilchrist, Archivision, Inc.en_US
dc.subjectarchitectural exteriorsen_US
dc.subjectJesuitsen_US
dc.subjectBaroqueen_US
dc.titleSant' Andrea al Quirinaleen_US
dc.typeimageen_US
dc.rights.accessLicensed for educational and research use by the MIT community onlyen_US
dc.identifier.vendorcode1A1-BG-SA-D1en_US
vra.culturalContextItalianen_US
vra.techniqueconstruction (assembling)en_US
vra.worktypechurchen_US
dc.contributor.displayGian Lorenzo Bernini (Italian architect, 1598-1680)en_US


Files in this item

795.7Kb
JPEG image
2.976Mb
JPEG image
25.30Kb
JPEG image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record