Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: Rome, Lazio, Italyen_US
dc.coverage.temporal1658-1670 (creation)en_US
dc.creatorBernini, Gian Lorenzoen_US
dc.date1658-1670en_US
dc.date.accessioned2013-04-26T20:25:21Z
dc.date.available2013-04-26T20:25:21Z
dc.date.issued1658-1670en_US
dc.identifier211952en_US
dc.identifier.otherarchrefid: 52en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/119438
dc.descriptionFront elevation, lateral view of entrance from Via del Quirinale showing adjacent buildings; Sant' Andrea al Quirinale was a project for the Jesuits funded by Prince Camillo Pamphili. It is oval in plan, with the entrance and the altar facing one another on the short axis. Framed by massive pairs of dusty-pink marble columns, with an eccentric inward-curving pediment, the altar aedicule is the focal point of the interior. Source: Grove Art Online; http://www.groveart.com/ (accessed 11/20/2007)en_US
dc.format.mediummarble; brick; stoneen_US
dc.rights© Scott Gilchrist, Archivision, Inc.en_US
dc.subjectarchitectural exteriorsen_US
dc.subjectJesuitsen_US
dc.subjectBaroqueen_US
dc.titleSant' Andrea al Quirinaleen_US
dc.typeimageen_US
dc.rights.accessLicensed for educational and research use by the MIT community onlyen_US
dc.identifier.vendorcode1A1-BG-SA-A1en_US
vra.culturalContextItalianen_US
vra.techniqueconstruction (assembling)en_US
vra.worktypechurchen_US
dc.contributor.displayGian Lorenzo Bernini (Italian architect, 1598-1680)en_US


Files in this item

592.2Kb
JPEG image
2.209Mb
JPEG image
22.31Kb
JPEG image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record