Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: Rome, Lazio, Italyen_US
dc.coverage.temporal1646-1649 (creation)en_US
dc.creatorBorromini, Francescoen_US
dc.date1646-1649en_US
dc.date.accessioned2013-04-26T19:46:38Z
dc.date.available2013-04-26T19:46:38Z
dc.date.issued1646-1649en_US
dc.identifier211602en_US
dc.identifier.otherarchrefid: 32en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/119092
dc.descriptionDetail of the portal, upper portion; The church, planned by Borromini, is enclosed by a convent, built in various periods between 1643 and 1667. The interior was completely repainted in 1845, altering Borromini's wishes to keep it white. The original floor, in brickwork, has been lost. The construction of the church was not completed by the architect because of the pressing commitments for the jubilee restoration of the Lateran Basilica. Today the complex houses Augustinian oblates.en_US
dc.format.mediumbricken_US
dc.rights© Scott Gilchrist, Archivision, Inc.en_US
dc.subjectarchitectureen_US
dc.subjectBaroqueen_US
dc.titleSanta Maria dei Sette Dolorien_US
dc.typeimageen_US
dc.rights.accessLicensed for educational and research use by the MIT community onlyen_US
dc.identifier.vendorcode1A1-BF-SM-A3en_US
vra.culturalContextItalianen_US
vra.techniqueconstruction (assembling)en_US
vra.worktypechurchen_US
vra.worktypeconventen_US
dc.contributor.displayFrancesco Borromini (Italian architect, 1599-1667)en_US


Files in this item

788.9Kb
JPEG image
2.467Mb
JPEG image
24.15Kb
JPEG image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record