Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: Agilqiyya [Philae Reconstruction] (Aswan, Upper Egypt, Egypt)en_US
dc.coverage.spatialFormer Site: Philae, Aswan, Upper Egypt, Egypt, Africa,en_US
dc.coverage.temporalca. 170-29 BCE (creation)en_US
dc.creatorunknownen_US
dc.date170--29en_US
dc.date.accessioned2013-04-23T17:33:14Z
dc.date.available2013-04-23T17:33:14Z
dc.date.issued170--29en_US
dc.identifier209721en_US
dc.identifier.otherarchrefid: 975en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/117746
dc.descriptionGeneral view, looking southeast; On the eastern side of the island adjacent to the main temple complex of Isis is the temple of Hathor, built by Ptolemy VI Philometor and Ptolemy VIII Euergetes II. It consists of a colonnaded hall and a forecourt. The colonnade was decorated by Augustus and is filled with carvings of festivities in recognition of Isis and Hathor, the Aphrodite of Greece and goddess of all the joys of the senses. Here we find scenes of music and drinking. Augustus offers a festal crown to Isis and flowers to Nephthys. Bes is also here, beating a tambourine and playing a harp, while an ape plays a lute. Source: Tour Egypt; http://www.touregypt.net/ (accessed 1/18/2008)en_US
dc.format.mediumstone; limestoneen_US
dc.rights© Scott Gilchrist, Archivision, Inc.en_US
dc.subjectarchitectural exteriorsen_US
dc.subjectdeitiesen_US
dc.subjectmusicen_US
dc.subjectRoman Empireen_US
dc.subjectPtolemaicen_US
dc.subjectImperial (Roman)en_US
dc.titleTemple of Hathoren_US
dc.typeimageen_US
dc.rights.accessLicensed for educational and research use by the MIT community onlyen_US
dc.identifier.vendorcode1A3-EG-PH-5-A3en_US
vra.culturalContextEgyptian (ancient)en_US
vra.techniqueconstruction (assembling) carving (processes)en_US
vra.worktypetempleen_US
vra.worktypeexcavation (site)en_US
dc.contributor.displayunknown (Egyptian (ancient))en_US


Files in this item

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record