Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: New Kalabsha Reconstruction (Aswan, Upper Egypt, Egypt)en_US
dc.coverage.temporalca. 1279-1213 BCE (creation)en_US
dc.creatorunknownen_US
dc.date-1279--1213en_US
dc.date.accessioned2013-04-17T18:23:00Z
dc.date.available2013-04-17T18:23:00Z
dc.date.issued-1279--1213en_US
dc.identifier209096en_US
dc.identifier.otherarchrefid: 986en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/116976
dc.descriptionThe forecourt, frontal view of the west wall, depicting reliefs; During the reign of Ramesses II many temples were built in Nubia, the earliest of which is the rock temple of Beit el-Wali (now re-erected at New Kalabsha, near Aswan). Here a narrow hall, originally covered with a barrel vault rising from a cavetto cornice, gave access to a transverse hall, the roof of which was supported by two rather squat polygonal columns. Alterations had been made during the construction of this temple; originally one door led from the outer hall, but two more were added when statue niches were placed in the transverse hall. Source: Grove Art Online; http://www.groveart.com/ (accessed 1/18/2008)en_US
dc.format.mediumstone; limestoneen_US
dc.rights© Scott Gilchrist, Archivision, Inc.en_US
dc.subjectarchitectural exteriorsen_US
dc.subjectrulers and leadersen_US
dc.subjectEgypt--Religionen_US
dc.subjectRamses II, King of Egypten_US
dc.subjectNew Kingdom (Egyptian)en_US
dc.subjectNineteenth Dynastyen_US
dc.titleBeit el-Walien_US
dc.typeimageen_US
dc.rights.accessLicensed for educational and research use by the MIT community onlyen_US
dc.identifier.vendorcode1A3-EG-K-6-B1en_US
vra.culturalContextEgyptian (ancient)en_US
vra.techniqueconstruction (assembling) carving (processes)en_US
vra.worktypeexcavation (site)en_US
vra.worktypetempleen_US
dc.contributor.displayunknown (Egyptian (ancient))en_US


Files in this item

834.3Kb
JPEG image
2.746Mb
JPEG image
22.33Kb
JPEG image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record