Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: New Kalabsha Reconstruction (Aswan, Upper Egypt, Egypt)en_US
dc.coverage.temporalca. 332 BCE-395 CE (creation)en_US
dc.creatorunknownen_US
dc.date-332-395en_US
dc.date.accessioned2013-04-17T18:22:14Z
dc.date.available2013-04-17T18:22:14Z
dc.date.issued-332-395en_US
dc.identifier209059en_US
dc.identifier.otherarchrefid: 983en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/116939
dc.descriptionView within the kiosk looking northwest towards the temple; Originally built 30 km south of Aswan, relocated to New Kalabsha ca. 1970. "The kiosk, or peripteral chapel, appeared in Egypt at the beginning of the 12th Dynasty (ca. 1938-ca. 1756 BCE) as a derivative of the peripteral temple. The best-known examples, in the Greco-Roman period (332 BCE-395 CE) temples at Edfu and Dendara, are small, square shrines enclosed by pillars with elaborate capitals joined by screen walls." Source: Grove Art Online; http://www.groveart.com/ (accessed 1/19/2008)en_US
dc.format.mediumstone; limestoneen_US
dc.rights© Scott Gilchrist, Archivision, Inc.en_US
dc.subjectarchitectural exteriorsen_US
dc.subjectdeitiesen_US
dc.subjectHathor (Egyptian deity)en_US
dc.subjectPtolemaicen_US
dc.subjectGreco-Romanen_US
dc.titleKiosk of Qertassien_US
dc.title.alternativeKiosk of Kertassien_US
dc.typeimageen_US
dc.rights.accessLicensed for educational and research use by the MIT community onlyen_US
dc.identifier.vendorcode1A3-EG-K-3-A5en_US
vra.culturalContextEgyptian (ancient)en_US
vra.techniquecarving (processes) construction (assembling)en_US
vra.worktypechapel (room or structure)en_US
vra.worktypeexcavation (site)en_US
dc.contributor.displayunknown (Egyptian (ancient))en_US


Files in this item

456.4Kb
JPEG image
1.931Mb
JPEG image
19.88Kb
JPEG image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record