Monastery and Church of Saint George
unknown (Egyptian (modern))
Mar Girgis Church (St.George)
West elevation, detail at the southwest corner, showing a portal and window; Burnt in 1904 rebuilt 1909. The church located on this site has been Greek Orthodox since the 15th century. It is located in the area known as Old (Coptic) Cairo (Masr al-Qadima).
Type of Workmonastery; church
architectural exteriors, Twentieth century
Licensed for educational and research use by the MIT community only