Sant'Agostino; Interior Chapels
Left transept, Pamphili Chapel, close-up of ceiling over altar; There are several chapels. Giovanni Maria Baratta is responsible for the decoration (1661-1669) of the Pamphili family chapel of S Tommaso da Villanova in the left transept of S Agostino, Rome, with sculpture by Melchiorre Caffa. The Capella Pio was designed by Bernini (1634-1639) with vault fresco by Abbatini. The altarpiece painting of 'Madonna and Child with St. Anne' is by Andrea Sansovino.
Type of Workchapel (room or structure)
Licensed for educational and research use by the MIT community only