Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialSite: University of Oxford (Oxford, England, United Kingdom)en_US
dc.coverage.temporal1509-1961 (inclusive)en_US
dc.creatorJackson, Thomas Grahamen_US
dc.date1509-1961en_US
dc.date.accessioned2013-02-21T21:38:39Z
dc.date.available2013-02-21T21:38:39Z
dc.date.issued1509-1961en_US
dc.identifier193332en_US
dc.identifier.otherarchrefid: 1394en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1721.3/100662
dc.descriptionEntrance to the Old Quadrangle, east elevation facing Radcliffe Square, detail; The College was founded in 1509 by a lawyer, Sir Richard Sutton, of Prestbury, Cheshire, and the Bishop of Lincoln, William Smyth. The main college site comprises three quads, the original Front Quad, the small second quad affectionately known as the Deer Park, and the large New Quad, as well as collection of smaller houses facing Radcliffe Square and the High Street. New Quad was designed by Jackson and finished in 1911, replacing a number of existing buildings. The current site was completed in 1961 with new buildings designed by the architects Philip Powell and Hidalgo Moya. Source: Wikipedia; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page (accessed 7/8/2008)en_US
dc.format.mediumstoneen_US
dc.rights© Scott Gilchrist, Archivision, Inc.en_US
dc.subjectarchitectural exteriorsen_US
dc.subjectEducationen_US
dc.subjecteducationalen_US
dc.subjectNineteenth centuryen_US
dc.titleBrasenose Collegeen_US
dc.title.alternativeThe King's Hall and College of Brasenoseen_US
dc.typeimageen_US
dc.rights.accessLicensed for educational and research use by the MIT community onlyen_US
dc.identifier.vendorcode1A2-E-O-BC-A13en_US
vra.culturalContextBritishen_US
vra.techniqueconstruction (assembling)en_US
vra.worktypecollegeen_US
dc.contributor.displayThomas Graham Jackson (British architect, 1835-1924)en_US


Files in this item

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record